Birth Stories

 

Birth center, July, 2022:  

I just wanted to reach out and let you know our sweet S. met us earthside in late July.  At 6 weeks postpartum I’m finally out of the haze enough to share a bit of our birth story!  I went to 41 w 1 d and was grateful for spontaneous labor with no inductions. Knowing the process of birth, learning to trust my body and see birth as a normal and natural occurrence, and being prepared mentally for the process made all the difference. My husband felt empowered as my birth coach and was with me every step of the way. We both stayed calm and confident even as my labor lasted over 24 hours. I remembered to ask questions when they brought up the idea of breaking my waters (which we ended up not having to do). Breathing and vocalizing through contractions helped to manage the pain. I did a lot of active pushing and Baby was born on all fours at the birth center. Our unmedicated, natural birth was the most amazing, beautiful, intense, life changing experience. And we would do it all over again!! We are so grateful for the confidence and knowledge your class gave us. Thank you for all you do!

Hospital, June, 2022:  

When we showed up to the hospital the first time, I was only 4cm dilated (though my contractions had been on average 4-4.5 minutes apart all day!) so we decided to return home and labor there til things started moving, so that we wouldn’t get stuck on the hospital timeline. When we returned later that night, I was 9cm! I labored for a few hours trying to get him to turn anterior (he never fully got there), and my midwife was so helpful with suggesting position changes. Dad was a SUPERSTAR and gave pressure to my back and encouragement to my heart the whole time. He was incredible. Finally I got to 10cm and pushed for close to an hour before he came out! It was so much harder than I thought it would be (relaxing went out the window despite the practice), but we were able to stick to our birth plan with a ton of incredible support from the midwife and nurses at the hospital. Thank you for all the wonderful preparation!




























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nutrition: Aiming for a well rounded, protein-rich diet in pregnancy

When the doctor brings up augmentation